Gluten Free Tabouleh Salad
Tabbouleh is a Levantine vegetarian salad made mostly of finely chopped veggies, parsley & bulgur, seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bulgur is a whole grain that contains wheat. I like to substitute this with quinoa to cut out gluten out of the recipe. I love this fun summer salad, its full of colour and nutrition. It is great as a side dish or have it as a main!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrot - 1/2 large red onion,
- 1/2 cup of chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- oregano, salt & pepper
- cook 1 cup of quinoa in 1.5 cups of water.
- when done, let it cool down before mixing with other ingredients.
- mix all ingredients together.
- add oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- eat & enjoy!